St. Mark's Chapel is of heritage interest for its historic value as a place of worship connected to an Anglican college, known as "church college". St. Mark's Chapel is part of Bishop's University, founded in 1843 as Bishop's College, and became a university in 1853. The primary mission of the institution was to train the Anglican clergy in Quebec. He also provided non-theological education to students of all faiths. Serving the only Anglican college in Quebec, St. Mark's Chapel has had a national influence.
The chapel is also of heritage interest for its architectural value. This chapel bears witness to the importance of Neo-Gothic in Anglican architecture of the 19th century. This chapel is today among the few witnesses of the influence of the Anglican clergy and British learned societies on the religious architecture of the nineteenth century in Quebec. The chapel is also of heritage interest for its artistic value. The decor is representative of Anglican interiors of the nineteenth century.
They present the winged figures of the tetramorph representing the man, the lion, the bull and the eagle, which respectively symbolize the evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. On the long sides, eight kneeling angels and florets with human figures adorn the stalls and benches. Magnificent stained glass windows illustrating biblical scenes and representations of saints complete this decor of a great unity.
- Full Reduced Mobility